Photo editor plugin for Movable Type
This document describes how to install the Pixenate Photo Editor
plugin for Movable Type.
- Download and unzip files/mtplugin1_0.zip.
- Upload the contents of the plugins directory to your Movable Type plugins Folder, using your FTP client of choice.
- Change the file permissions of plugins/Pixenate/Pixenate.pl to 755 (All can execute)
- Upload the contents of the alt-templ directory to your Movable Type alt-templ folder.
- If there is already a cms/edit_asset.tmpl file present in your alt-templ folder, then do the following....
- Open the cms/edit_asset.tmpl file in a text editor.
- Search for 'asset-actions'. Inside the <div
class="asset-actions"> block add the following code...
- Save the file
- If there is already a cms/include/asset_table.tmpl file
present in you alt-templ folder, then do the following...
- Open the cms/include/asset_table.tmpl file in a text editor.
- Search for class="asset-preview". Just prior to the
<div class="asset-preview"> block, add the following code...
- Save the file
- You're done.
The following screenshots show how to access the Photo editor. (Access
is via the Asset manager list view and Asset Manager Detail view).
Step 1 : Go to the Asset Manager section of Movable Type.
Step 2 : Every image asset now has a link 'Edit Image' which will
launch the photo editor
Step 3 : The photo editor is basic at the moment but can be
extended to use all of the Pixenate tools documented in
API Reference. You can change the plugin/Pixenate/tmpl/Editor.tmpl Template to suit.
If you have any problems, email walter at sxoop dot com